Do you think it’s enough and do you want to stop gambling? By opening this blog with tips you have already taken the first step. We explain how to stop your gambling addiction and keep it going.
Tips – Stop gambling
Do you also say to yourself: ‘I want to stop gambling’? Then the tips below to stop gambling are for you:
- Say goodbye to the friends in the gambling world and find people who support you
- Involve your family, friends, or partner in your decision to stop gambling
- Sign up for a gambling addiction treatment
- Think of alternative activities (sports, hiking, seeing friends, etc.) if you feel the urge to gamble
- Call a counselor if you are about to make another mistake
Stopping gambling is not going to be easy. Especially the first time you will suffer from all kinds of nasty physical and mental withdrawal symptoms. Just like with a drug or alcohol addiction, your body responds to abstinence. And that is no fun. So be prepared for that and follow the tips to stop gambling. Most importantly, remember that quitting is a process. Your recovery will be bumpy. That is part of it. Try to stick with it and get one relapse prevention plan makes for yourself. Do not hesitate to ask for help.
Our tip is not to cut back on gambling but to stop
In this blog, we help you on your way with practical tips to stop gambling. Because that’s what needs to be done to get rid of gambling addiction. You have to stop. Not a little, but all the way. You will always be an addict. Your brain structure has changed and the only way to stay clean is to stop going to the casino or that online gambling site. But how do you get this done?
The benefits of gambling
This may sound crazy, but before you do anything about your gambling addiction, it can be helpful to write it down for yourself because gambling brings you. Because you don’t do it for anything. And there is also a reason why you keep doing it. So grab a piece of paper or a notebook and list the benefits of gambling. Some examples to get you started:
- It makes me forget my problems for a moment
- It gives me a kick or adrenaline boost
- When I’m bored, I have something to do
- It makes me relax
- If I win money, I can pay off my debts
- Because of this, I have a social network of people with the same interest
The cons of gambling
You probably don’t want to stop gambling for anything. Besides all the benefits, it has also got you in trouble. So you also make a list of the disadvantages that gambling has for you. Think of:
- I have been in debt because of it
- My performance at work or training is deteriorating
- I’ve lost family and friends
- It makes me feel bad about myself
- I often argue with my partner about gambling
Just write down everything that comes to mind until you run out of ideas. Put the lists together and see for yourself whether the advantages outweigh the disadvantages. Then think about what your life would be like without if you stopped gambling. How is the relationship with your partner? What do you do with the money you have left, maybe that one hobby you don’t have money for right now? What kind of work do you do? How do you feel? Make the decision for yourself that you are going to work towards this life. But we are not forcing you to stop playing casinos, these are just tips to prevent you from addiction. But there are still many good casinos such as ‘play88 casino‘ to try.